Stolen from LeSombre
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Usually wrapping paper- I like to make everything pretty. I'm excellent with ribbon and bows.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial- I don't want to kill a tree every year, plus it's a lot easier. And I'm allergic.
3. When do you put up the tree?
If it were up to me, probably never.
4. When do you take the tree down?
5. Do you like eggnog?
I'm sure it's what evil tastes like
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I always liked getting clothes and earrings and whatnot.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
My boyfriend, if he wants or needs anything, he buys it for himself.
8. Easiest person to buy for?
My mom or my brother. My mom is happy with anything, and my brother always wants some sort of DVD or videogame.
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
I surely do not
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail, I think it's nice to spend the time and effort.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I really can't think of anything, I'm easy to please
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
A Christmas Story, of course.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
October or November. I usually have it done before December because I hate the crowds. I failed this year.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No, I haven't. I usually like anything I get
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Cookies and pie. And ham.
16. Lights on the tree?
Duh, of course.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Elf’s Lament, by the Barenaked Ladies or Carol of the Bells
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I wish I could stay home, instead we go to 7 different present opening things. It's exhausting.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
If I had a tree, I'd put a star. My mom puts an angel on.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning of course. It's always been what we do, and my boyfriend is even more emphatic about this.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
The crowds, and people get so cranky.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Silver and clear, no color.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
We usually have a ham and thanksgiving-type sides.
25. What do you want for Christmas?
A pony. Or for Pushing Daisies to be uncanceled.
Wednesday, December 24, 2008 | | 1 Comments
You may all remember the interview meme that went around last year, and Avitable decided to resurrect it. He asked me questions before, more than a year ago, and I thought it would be fun to do it again.
1. Shouldn't you be getting married and start popping out kids soon?
2. As a corollary to #1, when one of the kids looks like me, will your boyfriend mind?
He's a fairly hairy guy, I might be able to convince him it's his.
3. Tell me about a band that I don't even know exists and am missing out on experiencing.
I would love to. For starters, Editors. They're sort of a modern Joy Division, but I like them a lot better. Oh, and Starsailor. They're like Echo and the Bunnymen meets Coldplay. Doves are always good. The National always relaxes me.
Oh, and if you like quirky indie rock (which I believe you all should) I highly recommend The Decemberists. The lyrics are outstanding.
4. Since Missouri is the "Show Me" state, what will you show me?
That depends, of course, on how much I've had to drink.
5. If you had to choose between never seeing a movie or listening to music again, or never having sex with another person again, which would you choose?
I know this isn't going to be the popular choice, but I'd pick music and movies. I can get off watching movies by myself if need be. It would be tough, but I could do it. Not listening to music or seeing movies would probably kill me.
Want to be part of it? Follow these instructions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
I've been trying to come up with a list of deal-breakers for quite awhile. I like to jump on bandwagons, and everyone's been been talking about their deal breakers in relationships.
It turns out I'm not that picky, because this took me a really long time to come up with.
1. Bigotry- This is probably my most important. I can accept almost anything, but what I can't accept is discrimination (and yes, I count being against marriage for everyone as bigotry and discrimination). I'm a big fan of letting people live freely.
2. Not able to support himself- I don't expect a millionaire, but I like going out to eat and seeing movies. I know it's shallow, but I'm used to living comfortably.
3. No sense of humor- I don't expect a Mitch Hedberg, but you need to at least be able to appreciate other people's jokes. Life is too long to take so seriously.
4. Not able to stand up to me- I like to be pushy, but I take being told no pretty well also. I need you to be able to tell me no. Everyone thinks I'm the controlling one in my relationship, but it's pretty darn balanced. I'm just more vocal.
5. Not independent- I don't care it it's me, or his mother, or his church, I need someone who is able to think and act on his own. There's not much that bothers me more than someone who is willing to follow blindly. There's nothing wrong with thinking freely. This includes momma's boys. Seriously, dude, grow up.
I think that's it. I've dated all sorts of different guys, I wouldn't say I have a type. Tall, short, fat, thin, smart, dumb, Catholic, protestant, Democrat, Republican, I've dated you all.
Friday, December 05, 2008 | | 6 Comments
I've never been as overwhelmed in a class as I am right now. In case I haven't complained enough, I hate this architecture class. I've never wanted to be an architect. Not even in a "Hmm, that wouldn't suck" sort of way. I've always thought it would suck. The attention to detail/anal retentive nature is way too much for me, and I am god-damned anal retentive.
As of tomorrow, I need to have four elevations, a construction-ready floorplan, site plan, vicinity map, construction details, door schedule, door elevations, wall section, and two details done. For the most part, they are. I actually thought I was done and I printed everything out and I was ready to go. Then my boyfriend noticed I had lettered my windows wrong, so I had to re-do every drawing.
I don't know when I'll get to print it all out, but I guess I'll figure it out.
Here's part of what I'm working on- I don't know why the fascia and trim work look shingled here, it looks white in Sketch-up, so whatever.
So that's why I haven't been around to comment on your blogs. I've been reading though, I promise. It's also why I never see my boyfriend and don't sleep anymore.
As soon as I'm done with this, I'll have more time to stress about the holidays.
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 | | 3 Comments