You're The One I Love

Oops, it's been a week since I've posted. I wish I could say I was really busy, but mostly I'm just lazy. The highlight of this last week was Saturday night. We had a Clerks party, where we watched both 1 and 2. My boyfriend had never seen the 1st one, which I deemed unacceptable.

Anyway, in more important news, I won a Poppy! That's right. I won for the best movie reviews:

Thanks, Poppy!

So on that note, I have a few for you.

The Spiderwick Chronicles
:

Summary via IMDB:

Upon moving into the run-down Spiderwick Estate with their mother, twin brothers Jared and Simon Grace, along with their sister Mallory, find themselves pulled into an alternate world full of faeries and other creatures

It stars the always fabulous Freddie Highmore, Mary Louise Parker, Andrew McCarthy, and Seth Rogen.

For me, it was okay. It was well acted, directed, animated, everything. It was just kind of blah. There wasn't anything new added.

I haven't read the books, so I can't comment there. It was entertaining, and there was action through most of the movie. There were no boring parts, no slow spots. It was a perfectly respectable, if not overly generic, children's fantasy movie.

Definitely, Maybe

Summary Via IMDB: (edited down because it was long as hell)

In the midst of divorce, Will Hayes' daughter asks to hear the story of how Will met her mother. Will decides to tell Maya a bedtime story in the form of a puzzle with the names changed so she must figure out which of the three loves of his life became his wife and her mother. As Will tells her his tale, Maya helps him to understand that it's definitely never too late to go back...and maybe even possible to find a happy ending.

It stars Ryan Reynolds, Isla Fisher, Abigail Breslin, Elizabeth Banks, and Rachel Weisz.

I thought it was pretty good. Ryan Reynolds and Isla Fisher are two of my favorite actors, so I was probably going to like it either way. It was sweet, romantic, enjoyable and mildly funny. As long as you're not expecting it to be anything more than that, it was a good movie.

It was, however, predictable. It was fairly obvious who was the mother of his daughter, and who he loved. Although the plot was a little different than your typical romantic comedy, it still was pretty generic. It also was supposed to take place in the early to mid 90s, and it looked a lot like 2007 to me. They did play 90s songs on top of it though, if that counts

Overall, if you like romantic comedies, it's a good, above average one.

3 comments:

Robin said...

I saw Definitely Maybe and I liked it, I really wasn't sure where it was all going but maybe I'm just dim like that. I was very happy with who he ended up with.

Amanda said...

Poppy: At least it wasn't a dead guy in a public bathroom!

Robin: It was obvious who he really loved, so I was glad how it ended up

Avitable: I agree, that's why I remedied the situation

whall said...

Would you review Dune for me?

Be kind.