I've been trying to come up with a list of deal-breakers for quite awhile. I like to jump on bandwagons, and everyone's been been talking about their deal breakers in relationships.
It turns out I'm not that picky, because this took me a really long time to come up with.
1. Bigotry- This is probably my most important. I can accept almost anything, but what I can't accept is discrimination (and yes, I count being against marriage for everyone as bigotry and discrimination). I'm a big fan of letting people live freely.
2. Not able to support himself- I don't expect a millionaire, but I like going out to eat and seeing movies. I know it's shallow, but I'm used to living comfortably.
3. No sense of humor- I don't expect a Mitch Hedberg, but you need to at least be able to appreciate other people's jokes. Life is too long to take so seriously.
4. Not able to stand up to me- I like to be pushy, but I take being told no pretty well also. I need you to be able to tell me no. Everyone thinks I'm the controlling one in my relationship, but it's pretty darn balanced. I'm just more vocal.
5. Not independent- I don't care it it's me, or his mother, or his church, I need someone who is able to think and act on his own. There's not much that bothers me more than someone who is willing to follow blindly. There's nothing wrong with thinking freely. This includes momma's boys. Seriously, dude, grow up.
I think that's it. I've dated all sorts of different guys, I wouldn't say I have a type. Tall, short, fat, thin, smart, dumb, Catholic, protestant, Democrat, Republican, I've dated you all.
- ► 2010 (21)
- ► 2009 (27)
- ▼ December (4)