I used to see these photo-memes every once in awhile, but I haven't seen it in a long time so I thought I'd resurrect. Take a picture of your book pile. The books you're planning on reading, not books you stick in there to look smart. Don't take out the embarrassing ones, I sure didn't. My pile's a little bigger than normal because I went to the library today and recently raided my mother's bookcase (1-3).
1. Barbara Freethy-Don't Say A Word: Okay, it's cheesy, but I do like the occasional romantic suspense novel. In moderation. It's about a lady who tries to find where she's from and figure out her past which she can't rememberf.
2. Fern Michaels- Late Bloomer: My mom recommended this one. There's a good chance I won't actually read it. I think it's about a lady who makes amends with her childhood friends.
3. Heather Graham- The Presence: Not just romantic suspense, but supernatural romantic suspense with a Scottish Laird.
4. Guy Gavriel Kay- The Summer Tree: I've heard this is a great book from a lot of people, so I thought I should actually try it finally. For some reason I've really been into fantasy recently.
5. Jean Hegland- Into the Forest: I love a good post-apocalyptic novel.
6. Katie Williams- The Space Between Trees: A coming of age novel. Mostly I grabbed it because of the beautiful cover
7. Andrew Pyper-The Wildfire Season: This is the one I'm currently reading, I'm not sure how to describe it. It's sort of a thriller but really it's a downer. It's depressing me.
8. Michelle Cooper- A Brief History of Montmaray: Another YA novel, but this one's a historical novel about a fictitious kingdom and the royal family .
9. Jordan Sonnenblick- After Ever After: Yet another YA novel (I know, I know), this one about a boy whose cancer is in remission and how people interact with him.
10. Audrey Niffenegger- Her Fearful Symmetry: Her other book, The Time Traveler's Wife, is one of my all time favorites. This one didn't get the best reviews, but I figure it's worth a shot. '
*** If you're wondering what the books are sitting on, it's a step thing that came with a step aerobics DVD. I use it as a table for my books now. Because I'm classy.***
- ▼ 2010 (21)
- ► 2009 (27)
- ► 2008 (90)