- So... I get to bring my own food, my own booze, and give them money for their honeymoon? AWESOME. Am I wrong to think this is really tacky? It's fine if you don't have the money for a big fancy wedding, but it seems super tacky to expect the guests to pay for everything, plus give you money on top of it.
- Mike's driving my car to work today while his in the shop and during the five minute drive from the shop to my house, he managed to pick apart just about every aspect of my car (the clock's wrong, I need an oil change, there's an unexplained squeaky noise, the backseat is messy, etc). I believe that was his way of thanking me for letting him borrow my car all day.
- It's hot. There are four air conditioning units at my store, and two of them are broken. My company's to cheap to fix them because, after all, two of them are working. Um, no. It's hot as hell in there. I've been wearing skirts everyday, which is weird for me, but it's a necessary breeze. I'm a little too chubby for this to work though, and my thighs are permanently stuck together.
- I'm really liking SYTYCD this season, but I still don't know that I'm crazy about the new format. There are so many great dancers (Alex, Billy, Robert, Jose, Kent) and I just want to put Kent in my pocket and carry him around with me. But the all-stars distract me from the contestants, especially the female contestants (who are not bringing it yet), because I get so excited to see Twitch, Mark, Pasha, Ade and Neil again that I ignore the dancer who is actually trying to win.
- Okay, I know I'll be alone in this one, but I kind of feel bad for Tony Hayward. Don't get me wrong, he's a tool. But what happened certainly isn't his fault alone, a lot of mistakes were made. The clips from the hearing (grilling) yesterday made me cringe. I think it's got to be hard to be the face of the disaster when so many are to blame.
- Is it just me, or is Train's Hey Soul Sister an awful song? I mean there's a lot of music I don't like (the entire Black Eyed Peas catalog) but there's only a few I really hate. These are some of the most ridiculous lyrics I've ever heard in my life. Yet somehow, this freaking song is on the radio constantly.
Friday, June 18, 2010 | | 9 Comments
I think I'm going to pick and choose through the questions on that meme everyone's been doing. I don't want to answer all of them, but when one seems interesting I'll play along.
My guilty pleasure? I think I've talked about it before, but I love stuff made for teenagers. I love the TV shows , the books, the movies, all of it. I don't know why. I understand the simplicity, the overused plot lines, the poor writing, all of it. I just don't care. Something about it just really interests me. Only 28 more days until Eclipse comes out!
Speaking of Eclipse, my 6 year old nephew recently saw Twilight and thinks that Edward is the "coolest vampire ever!" This upsets his step-mother to no end. She's a hardcore goth with a major vampire fetish (yes, for real.) She loves Le Stat and wants desperately to show T Interview with the Vampire, but it's obviously not appropriate for a 6 year old. So now, whenever Mike and I are around T we bring up how great Edward is, and how super cool that baseball game they played during the thunderstorm. It's fun corrupting the mind of a child. And irritating his parents in the meantime.
Another guilty pleasure I used to have? Crappy pop music. I've moved on since my early teenage years, but tonight, my former love of shitty music served me a great purpose. One of the local concert venues had a Twitter trivia contest to win tickets to see the sold out The Black Keys concert next week. Thankfully, the question they asked was about who the first band/person to play at the venue were.
I knew the response because at the time, this band was a guilty pleasure of mine. A few years prior they were cool (to me and my friends at least) but by the time this concert rolled around they were passe. So I really wanted to go, but I couldn't let my friends know how lame I was.
The band in question? Hanson.
Hanson helped me win tickets to see the Black Keys, one of the best bands out there. It's sort of deliciously ironic.
Wednesday, June 02, 2010 | | 6 Comments
For one, I would like to point out that my orchid is still alive. I mean, I think. I haven't looked at it recently. I did water it. Last week. Once. I'm so great at taking care of things.
Like my car. I was at the grocery store this afternoon to buy a six pack and the ingredients for rice krispie treats (WHY CANT I LOSE WEIGHT?). When I got to the car, I sat in the drivers seat and moved to put the groceries in the passenger seat, when the bottom of the six pack gave out. A bottle bounced off my console and broke, sending glass and beer all over the front of my car. And me.
I was soaked, so I didn't want to get back out of the car looking like I peed my pants. I drove home covered in beer and glass, trying not to move.
It took me a while to clean up the glass and beer, and I sliced my finger open on a shard. The smell of hefeweizen has really soaked into the car. So far I've sprayed the hell out of it with frebreze and I have the windows rolled down, hoping to air it out. Let's just hope I don't get pulled over for a very long time.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have a pan of rice krispie treats to eat.
UPDATE: Ugh! I went to water the freaking orchid after writing this. I guess I overwatered it, and now everything around it is soaked, including the mail and the box of rice krispies. FAIL.
Tuesday, June 01, 2010 | | 5 Comments