I Don't Want To Fake It

Lots and Lots of movies: (all summaries via IMDB)

Meet Bill

Summary:A guy fed up with his job and married to a cheating wife reluctantly mentors a rebellious teen

This was filmed in my hometown, about 1/4 of a mile from my boyfriend's office building, and he got to go on set for a while. So, needless to say, he was pretty excited to see this. I thought it was good. It wasn't super exciting or heartwarming, but it was funny and smart. The humor in it was for adults, without being crass. It didn't go for gross out humor, which is becoming rarer and rarer, so it's nice to see a smart comedy.

Run Fat Boy Run

Summary
: Five years after jilting his pregnant fiancée on their wedding day, out-of-shape Dennis decides to run a marathon to win her back.

I should preface this by saying I love Simon Pegg. He was in two of the funniest, smartest comedies of our time. I thought the movie was pretty good. It was really predictable and safe, but that didn't keep it from being good. It was just obvious. But it still had loads of funny parts, and it was fun to watch.


Smart People


Summary: Into the life of a widowed professor comes a new love and an unexpected visit from his adopted brother.

This was not my favorite movie. It was well acted and everything, but it was so unbelievably pretentious. The characters were mostly all assholes, and I have trouble believe Sarah Jessica Parker's character would have liked Dennis Quaid's. He was a complete jerk the whole time. I don't know, this just wasn't the movie for me.


Forgetting Sarah Marshall:


Summary: Devastated Peter takes a Hawaii vacation in order to deal with recent break-up with his TV star girlfriend, Sarah. Little does he know Sarah's traveling to the same resort as her ex ... and she's bringing along her new boyfriend.

Okay, realistically, I was going to be biased towards this movie. For one, Kristen Bell is amazing. Two, Jason Segel is one of my favorite actors (Freaks and Geeks, Undeclared, Knocked Up, How I Met Your Mother) and the fact that he wrote this is awesome (and the penis shots certainly didn't hurt). To me, this movie was fabulous. It was the perfect mixture of crude and romantic comedies. Hot cast, hilarious dialogue. All and all, awesome.

4 comments:

The Ferryman said...

Yay! Movie reviews!

Forgetting Sarah Marshall is definitely on my list of films I have GOT to get around to seeing.

Avitable said...

I agree with you on Run Fat Boy Run. It was very predictable and a bit of a shitty story, but Simon Pegg and his friend were both hilarious.

I loved Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I took the whole office to see it on Friday, and then went back with a friend on Sunday and saw it again. Great movie!

Robin said...

I do want to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall, looks funny. I need to go out to the movies, maybe this weekend.

shiny said...

I, too, love Jason Segel. And both Sarah Marshall and Run Fat Boy Run are on my to-see list.

And, for the record, I need to get a resume in to Avitable. Perhaps I'd be more productive at work if my boss took us all out to the pictures every so often...