I know I've been all Debbie Downer recently, which isn't the way I like to live my life. So today, I'm focusing on things that are making me happy:
- They're slowly tearing down a hospital that's on my way to my college. They're actually using a wrecking ball, so the whole thing looks like something out of a disaster movie. Not only is the wreckage rad to look at, but my favorite part is the old men who gather to watch every day. They bring their lawn chairs and sit line up on the sidewalk to watch the destruction. I think it's great these guys, who probably don't even know each other, have found this common ground and camaraderie. They make me smile every time I drive past.
- There's a deaf kid at my school who always parks near me. His car is covered in Daft Punk stickers. Now, he could have purchased the car used, I suppose. I like to think Daft Punk's beats appeal to everyone.
- Last night's episode of Glee. The music? Great. I loved Finn's Jessie's Girl, Puck's Lady Is A Tramp and Kurt's Roses Turn. It was nice to have an episode I really enjoyed again, because it's been a little lackluster for me recently. Also:
-"That's the problem with your generation... you're obsessed with labels. So you like show tunes. That doesn't mean you're gay, it means you're awful!
- You’re the only guy in school I haven’t made out with, because I thought you were capital-G gay. But having a perfect record would really mean a lot to me… So, let me know if you wanna tap this.”
-“When I saw a sign on the door that said ‘do not enter under any circumstances, I’m making out with a girl,’ I thought it was the start of one of your murder mysteries.”
- The semester's over! And I passed all of my classes. Only one more semester to go after this.
- I love that you can stream whole seasons of shows on Netflix. I'm watching Prison Break now, and I'll (re)watch Buffy next, while Mike and I together are watching Bones.
- The National's new album High Violet. It's kind of phenomenal. I love The National more than I can describe. It's dark, moody, sexy, beautiful, intelligent, lush, haunting, complex, moving, and I could go on and on. I LOVE IT. It's not one of those bands/albums that grabs you immediately, and it's probably not for everybody (especially if you're more into pop) but it speaks to me. The National has to be the best "indie" band out there right now. Gorgeous.