I Have No Resolutions

Did you all have a good New Years? Mine was fairly good. Dinner went well, except for me catching the steaks on fire. Twice. Which sucked, because who wants their steak well done? Just one person, so at least she was happy. But the fuckers left me alone in the kitchen with strep throat and a fever. I hadn't been out of bed in two days, but they let me cook dinner. So they deserved burned steak.

This is actually the first New Years Eve I can remember. I'm not one for going out and partying, because of all the crazy people. But I still usually end up drinking enough. I had maybe three glasses of champagne and that was it. We played Wii, of course. Mario Party, specifically. I'm a bitch and said no Guitar Hero. Then we played Scene It Movie Edition 2 and Cranium's Pop 5 (which is super super fun, by the way)

Now I'm running on four hours of sleep and lots of sugar, so I'm flying. I've been eating like shit all weekend, much to my boyfriend's delight. Culvers, Burger King, Chinese, Hardees., pizza, fritos, candy... crap you normally can't pay me to eat. The last time I remember eating fried food was more than two months ago, and it was just one half order of fries.

I don't think I've ever made a New Years resolution, and I'm not going to start now. I don't like setting myself up for failure. However, I do need to get back on track. Starting tomorrow, I'm cutting processed and fried foods out again. The pizza doesn't count because its not fried, so that will be breakfast tomorrow. I can't be sick much longer, my jeans won't be able to hold me in.

3 comments:

The Ferryman said...

You might be dying. Do you have a will. Am I getting anything?

Avitable said...

Flamebroiled steaks are good when they're done on purpose.

Poppy said...

I LOVE BURNT MEAT! I'm not kidding.

They do deserve a burnt dinner if they left you in the kitchen alone. Fuckers. ;)

My New Year celebration was fantastic, thanks. I haven't had such a good one in... yah, I can't think of a better one.