It's The Wrongs That Make The Words Come To Life

I first saw this at Avitable's

Let’s make a band:
1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first article title is the name of your band.

2. http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four words of the very last quote is the title of your album.

3. http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/
The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

Now take your pic, add the band name and title to it, then post it.


I love this name, it's totally quirky indie rock. The title is great for an album, too. Nice.

So, since this is a music themed meme, I have a confession to make. There is a band that I have ruled out since first hearing them a couple of years ago. The name, the band members, the genre, all of it.

Then I started seeing them on a TV show that I'm not going to admit that I watch, and I'd hear a song and think "well, that doesn't suck."

Eventually I heard them enough to realize I knew like half the songs on their record and liked most of them.

Then, the final blow came when I heard them cover the Killers and it didn't make me want to stab myself in the ear.

That's right. Although I'm still convinced Pete Wentz is a douche, I like Fall Out Boy. Both of the album's I've been listening to. It's super catchy. It's certainly not punk, like they like to say, but it's above average pop rock. Sigh.

Speaking of music I like, if you're a fan of Elliot Smith and those sorts of artists, I've been listening to Earlimart a lot. It's mellower than Death Cab or the Shins, but it has a certain quality that's similar. It's just really good, low key indie rock.

Anyways... Have a great weekend!

18 comments:

The Ferryman said...

I don't understand any of your musical references!

For God's sake, just put on some Britney!

Avitable said...

That is a cool band name and title. I thought mine definitely was very indie sounding, too.

You don't like the Killers? And I hate Fall Out Boy.

Amanda said...

Mr. Fab- Please, anything but that

Avitable- I love the Killers, that's why people covering them makes me sad

Avitable said...

Ok, good. You're back on the top of my favorite person list.

Robin said...

It's tough not to like Fallout Boy, I like them whether I am proud of it is another thing. Don't beat yourself up...at least you don't like Avril.

Avitable said...

Don't start trashing Avril now!

Amanda said...

Avitable- I still think Hot Fuss is one of the best albums ever

Robin- They're just so goddamn catchy

Avitable- Avril isn't to everyone's liking (including mine)

Robin said...

I was teasing Avi but I'm not a big fan, I'd rather listen to real music artists personally.

Amanda said...

Robin- I'm with you

Avitable said...

*gasp*

Avril is a real artist! She writes her own music. She's the genuine article!

Amanda said...

Avitable- It's fun how she talks about being punk while she "sings" pop music.

But hey, I like Fall Out Boy so I can't talk

Avitable said...

Pop is the new punk!

Amanda said...

Avitable- I think Joey Ramone just rolled over in his grave

Avitable said...

Joey Fatone's dead?

Robin said...

LOL! I'm not going to tell Erik about this...he's a hard core punk.

Amanda said...

Avitable- N Sync was so hardcore punk

Robin- Joey Fatone is a classic punk icon, why would this bother him?

Poppy said...

You're a boat?

Amanda said...

Poppy- I am a submarine. I think that's different than a boat, right?