All in All Its Just Another Day Now

So, I thought tonight I would talk about what I want with this blog. Mostly it will be general ramblings, but it will also contain reviews of movies and cds, as that is all I do. Watch movies and listen to music. It may from time to time contain things from my portfolio; sketches, paintings, etc, but mostly I don’t want to bore you with that.

Then I realized how boring that would be if I all I did was talk about what I want to do, instead of doing something. So tonight I bring you my review of The Ten. The Ten is a movie consisting of ten vignettes, each about one of the Ten Commandments. It is narrated by Jeff Reigert (played by the always wonderful Paul Rudd) who is also involved in his own broken commandment, adultery. His wife is played by Famke Janssen and his girlfriend by Jessica Alba. Also starring are Adam Brody, Liev Schreiber, Ken Marino (who also co-wrote), Oliver Platt, and many more. It was co-written and directed by David Wain (Stella, Wet Hot American Summer).

I thought it was freaking hilarious. The cast alone was enough reason to love it (although Alba still hasn’t impressed me with anything she’s done, but at least she played the immature spoiled girlfriend better than Sue Storm), but it was also well written and smart. Who doesn’t love a good dark biblical comedy? There was no religious content aside from the commandments, but there was prison rape, sex with a ventriloquist dummy, and leaving a surgical instrument in a patient, just for a goof. Overall, I’d recommend it to anyone who likes comedies and are ready to see something without all the same fart/penis/sex/drinking jokes. Not that I don’t love those.

3 comments:

The Ferryman said...

You didn't love Alba in Sin City?

*swoon*

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Mr Fab: Stripper Alba is also convincing