Bound for Colorado

I am a loser. In two weeks my boyfriend and I are heading to Colorado as an early birthday present to me (my birthday is November 13th, get shopping). So I'm getting driving directions on Rand McNally to all possible points of interest from the hotel. And directions from Houston's in Kansas City to the hotel because heaven forbid we pass through a city with a Houston's without stopping for steak.

Once I have them all together, I will print them and then organize them into a binder. Granted, my boyfriend's mom got us this "travel folder" on the first big trip he and I took together, but I still use it. That's right. I have a travel folder. She's provided maps for most of the Midwest, along with pencils and paper. Honestly, I can hardly read a map, that's why I get printed directions.

Anyway, it should be a good trip. We have tickets to a Who's Line show in Denver featuring Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood. The leaves should be beautiful and the weather fairly cold, like I like it. It's still 90 here, so actual fall weather might be nice. We're also planning on going to Pike's Peak, Royal Gorge, and several other places like that. Anywhere else we should go in the Denver/Colorado Springs area?

8 comments:

The Ferryman said...

Colorado?

You would THINK you would want to come to Florida to meet your dad.

Avitable said...

A live Who's Line show? That's awesome! Have a good trip. Will you be blogging from the road?

Unknown said...

*sigh*

A vacation sounds lovely. Maybe I should try to talk my boyfriend into that...it could be something we need.

Robin said...

What is it about Colorado? I've had 2 friends move there.

Amanda said...

Mr. Fab- I have a trip to planned to Florida in the the late spring, so watch out

Avitable: I'll try to blog a little but hopefully if I'm sitting in the hotel room I'm not at a computer

sarcastica: yes, but be careful, sometimes we fight more on vacation because then you have the pressure of having a good trip and the idea in your head about how great its going to be

robin: It's beautiful. I don't know that'd I'd want to live there, though

Avitable said...

And here I thought you were a dedicated blogger . . .

Anonymous said...

I'd pack a picnic and head up to the mountains and sit with your feet in the river, taking in everything around you. Been there, done that. Very cool, very memorable.

Amanda said...

avitable: I guess we'll see

bobbarama: that sounds amazing, I just hope its not too cold